CONCEPT OF BIG & SMALL : ‘Visual & Learning by doing approach’ towards Logical Thinking.
Skill Development Area : INTELLIGENCE
Mission : Build our child’s logical thinking with regards to Sizes of objects, by showing them the connection between concept and the activity.
What You Need for the Activity?
• 4 to 5 pairs of objects in 2 distinctly different sizes (for ex: big and small -bottle, plate, spoon, shoe, apple, tshirt, etc)
How to ‘Learn & Play’ the activity?
• Keep the big and small object pairs ready before starting
• Put baby in comfortable position: on belly, back or seated so they have a clear view
• Show them the big and small object pairs while naming them
How does the activity stimulate your child’s growth?
• Builds logical thinking with regards to sizes of objects
• Foundations stones of logic will lead to developing intelligence as well as First Principles Thinking
Important Tips for Parents while performing the activity with their Kid
• Don’t expect baby to focus
• Let them explore the objects if they want to, either before or after the lesson but not during the lesson
• Demo only- no testing! Logic concepts take time for baby to catch on to
• Use real life objects instead of only pictures
• Older babies: Introduce bigger, biggest, smallest etc using nesting toys
• During general play/meal/bath time, point out to real life big/small objects also to reinforce
• Keep lesson short- 10 to 45 secs depending on baby’s age